Terms & Conditions
Please find below our Terms & Conditions for the Boilers R Us Boiler Service Cover Plan
Summary of your agreement
What the agreement provides:
- Labour and parts for repairs, depending on the level of service you have chosen.
- One Safety and Maintenance Inspection for every year of your agreement for Central Heating Care, Boiler and Control Care, Gas Appliance Care and Gas Appliance Check. Please read the section called “Safety and Maintenance Inspection”. One maintenance inspection in every 12 month period of your agreement for Plumbing Care.
- No limit to the number of call-outs to carry out work included in your agreement.
- Getting to your system (where shown).
- Advice about your system for our engineers.
Boilers R Us Options
There are three levels of Service
Service Care A – Includes Central Heating Care and Plumbing
Service Care B – Central Heating
Other services you may choose
What is included?
- Central Heating CareThis service is for maintaining and repairing a single wet (using water) gas central heating system (or an electric system if we installed it) in your home and includes the following.- A Safety and Maintenance inspection of your boiler and system (except the parts of the system that aren’t readily accessible and electric boilers).
– Labour and parts if your system breaks down.
– If your boiler is seven years old or more, and it is not possible to repair or you choose to replace it at any time (however old it is), you are entitled to a 5% discount off the full installation cost of a replacement boiler if you chose for us to replace the boiler (on top of any other offer which is running at the time).
- Boiler and Controls CareThis is the same as Central Heating Care, except that the labour and parts are for the boiler controls only.What is not included?
- Removing sludge or hard water scale from the boiler or system.
- Replacing your boiler if it is seven years old or more.
- Repairing or replacing appliance flues that aren’t part of your boiler.
- Repairing or replacing parts of your central heating system and controls that are specifically designed for pipe or underfloor heating (other than warm air systems).Please also see General Exclusions
- Plumbing CareWhat is not included?
- Repairing or replacing taps and washers in taps.
- Repairing or replacing the mains cold-water stopcock, water softeners, shower pumps and mixer valves, mechanical pumps, water filters, swimming pools, decorative garden features, rainwater pipes and guttering, macerators such as Saniflo and electrical units for toilets.
Design or existing faults
The costs of repairs needed because of design faults (unless we are responsible), or faults which existed before you entered in to the agreement and which could not be identified on initial inspection using reasonable care and skill.
Third Party or accidental damage
The cost of repairs relating to damage caused by you or someone else.
Unless we are responsible for it, loss or damage to the property caused by the appliance, boiler or system breaking down (for example, damage to furniture caused by water leaks) is your liability. If we must dig onto your property, we will fill in any holes and leave the surface level but will not necessarily replace the original surface or construction. Any redecoration that may be needed following our work is your responsibility.
Normal insured risks
The cost of repairing faults or damage caused by freezing weather conditions (except certain repairs included in plumbing, subsidence, structural repairs, accidental fire, lighting, explosion, flood or storm). The cost of repairing damage caused by changes to, or problems with the gas, electricity or water services. You should check your household insurance to make sure you have enough cover for these risks.
About your agreement
Boilers R Us agreements are only available for appliances in domestic use inside your home. If you own a domestic property which you let out, we will offer you a Property Care agreement only – please see the Property Care section.
Period of agreement
Your agreement runs until you tell us that you would like to cancel, or if we cancel the agreement (see Cancellation). You may cancel this agreement at any time. We will write to you to tell you about any changes to the terms and conditions or prices. We may also cancel the agreement at any time, as long as we give you reasonable notice for this. When you pay each year in advance (by cash, cheque, credit or debit card) there will be a minimum payment for the year of €90.00, if we have completed work or an inspection. If you have a Property Care agreement and we have provided you with a gas safety record, you will not receive a refund of our charges for providing you with this record.
If we do not carry the spare parts your repair needs on the day, we can get acquire most items the following working day. Otherwise, we will do all that we reasonably can to find parts from nearest suppliers. We may use approved alternative parts or parts that have been reconditioned by the original manufacturer.
If the repairs amount to over €700 (materials and labour) and the boiler is a certain age (10+ years) or parts are no longer available, the service contract will finish. We will offer a discount towards a new boiler to be installed by Boilers R Us.
Landlord’s Safety Records
This service is available to landlords who let out properties for domestic purposes.
By law, landlords must have gas appliances in properties they let checked for safety every 12 months. They should also hold a gas safety record as proof.
We can carry out the inspections that are needed at the same time as a gas safety and maintenance inspection. We will only check and issue a gas and safety record for the appliances that are included on either your central heating care, gas appliance care or gas appliance check (whichever applies) agreement. Any other gas appliances in the rented property can be individually serviced or safety inspected for an extra cost. After the necessary inspections on the selected gas appliances, we will then give you, in writing (for a small extra fee), a gas safety record showing that we have carried out a safety inspection, which will include details of any faults we have found and any repairs that are needed. If either you, or us cancel your agreement after we have provided a gas safety record, you will not receive a refund of our fee for providing the gas safety record.
Gaining access to your property
It is your responsibility to let us into your property. If we cannot gain access to your property to carry out necessary work, we will tell you and arrange another appointment. If, after several attempts, we still cannot gain access, we may cancel your agreement.
Using personal information
Information you provide or we hold about you (whether or not under contract of contracts with you) may be used by us or our agents to:
- Identify you when you contact us
- Help run, and contact you about the improved running of any accounts, services and products we have provided before or provide now or in the future.
- Help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
Transactional information means what you buy from us and how you pay for it, for example, usage rates and any discounts we have offered you. (These are examples only, not a complete list)
- To provide services you have asked for
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or
- As part of current or future legal proceedings
Third party rights
No one other than you will be able to benefit from this agreement, which cannot be passed to someone else without our agreement.
We will meet our responsibilities under this agreement, within a reasonable time unless it is impossible for us to do. This is because of circumstances outside our reasonable control.
Your agreement begins when we have processed your application.
Initial Safety Inspection
If you choose Boiler and Controls Care, we will inspect your system or appliance (or both) to make sure they are safe and in good working order. Your Boilers R Us engineer will fill in an initial safety inspection checklist to show you what he or she has checked. We will normally do this inspection within 28 days or the beginning of your agreement where possible but, as we give priority to breakdowns, it can be later if there is a high demand for our services. If the inspection reveals a problem, we may:
- Tell you what work is required and what it will cost for the work to be carried out
- Offer you an agreement from the section ‘Gas options you may choose’, which will not include the parts causing the problem; or
- Cancel the agreement and refund your money.
We will not carry out an initial safety inspection if we have already carried out a Safety and Maintenance Inspection at the property within the last 12 months.
Safety and Maintenance Inspection
We will normally carry out the safety and maintenance inspection for gas options at the same time as the initial inspection. If we do not carry out an initial inspection because we have already carried out a safety and maintenance inspection at the property within the last 12 months, we will normally arrange for your first safety and maintenance inspection 12 months from the date we last inspected the system. After that, for gas options, we will carry out the safety and maintenance inspection once in every year of your agreement. We will aim to carry out the safety and maintenance inspection around the same time each year where possible, depending on our workload and your appointment preferences. As long as we can gain access to your home, we will always make sure we check that your system is safe. You can call us at any time to arrange or rearrange your safety and maintenance inspection. For electrical and plumbing options, we will aim to carry out one maintenance inspection once in every continuous two year period of your agreement, depending on our work load and your appointment preferences.
We will cancel your agreement if;
- You have given false information
- For gas options, we find something wrong on the initial inspection
- We are not reasonably able to find parts to keep your system or appliance working safely, or
- Circumstances arise (including health and safety issues) which make it inappropriate for the contract to continue.
If we cancel your agreement, we will:
- Give you a refund based on how long is left of any 12 months advance cash, cheque, credit card or debit card payment. There will be a minimum payment of €90 a year if we have completed work or an inspection.
You may cancel your agreement within 7 working days starting from the day after you receive a written confirmation of your agreement with us. You will receive a full refund of any money paid (as long as no work has been carried out).
You may also cancel your agreement immediately, either after letting us know about changes in prices or terms and conditions, or if we fail to do something which we should have done. In this case, you will receive a refund based on how much time is left of the 12 month period, or if you agree we will put things right and continue the contract. You may cancel your agreement at any time. If you do so after we have carried out an inspection, or other work, and you have paid less than €90.00 in the last 12 months at the time you cancel, we may charge you an additional fee to bring your total payments up to the agreement fee of €90.00. This is subject to an inspection, or if you have a property care agreement and we have provided you with a gas safety record, you will not receive a refund of our charges for providing you with this record.